Sunday, May 13, 2018

Positivity at 39,000 Feet

I have been with my present company for almost five years now.  I quit my 8-5 job to savor the opportunity of seeing the world for free. If you happen to follow or somehow came across my previous blog, you will know that I once chased the dream of becoming a "flight attendant/cabin crew". As cliche as it may sound, I always wanted a job that will allow me to travel a lot and deal with different kinds of people. Yes, this might be the exact answer for most of the cabin crew applicants. I just want to be clear, I am not a cabin crew, but my work has the same perks.

In a few months time, I will mark another year in my company and it's going to be my fifth year with them. My job is easy, but flying is sometimes the other way around. I still deal with jet lag. I do feel tired from time to time; I am human but don't get me wrong, I don't put this as an excuse for such.  Additionally, I am always away from my family and friends back home and I can't escape the feeling of "homesickness".

One of my friends will always say, there is no easy job, it's just how you deal with everything that comes with it. At the end of the day, this is what I've signed up for and this is what I've prayed for (to get a job that will allow me to travel). The best to deal with every tiredness and stress is to think about the good side of the job and one of which is that I can see my relatives and friends based in different parts of the world. I don't count years to go home and see my family and friends. I just count months before my next leave to the Philippines.

Paulo Coelho said:
Life has many ways of testing a person's will, either by having nothing happen at all or by having everything happen all at once. 

Always look on the brighter side of things. Negative thoughts will keep us weak.  A positive mind can give us strength to enjoy whatever comes along our way.




No comments:

Post a Comment