Tuesday, May 22, 2018

My Advance Makeup Class with Pros by Props (Props Tools and Cosmetics)

Finding the right makeup products for me was a trial and error method just like in Mathematics. I was not gifted with a porcelain skin. I have a very oily skin and my pores were very visible. Also, my skin was very picky. I easily breakout. It took me several attempts to find the right makeup products that my skin would love.  I blush when I receive comments saying "you have a nice skin!"  and in return I want to answer back that it took me a lot of practices too when it comes to makeup application. Perfection takes a lot of practice and even if you already mastered something, you still need to continue learning.  I know I still need a lot of practice and while I continue to practice and make myself more familiar with makeup, a goal kicked in - I want to become a Makeup Artist!

Now that I can do my own makeup, doing it for other people was something I need to master. Last January,  I enrolled myself in an Advance Makeup Class course back in the Philippines through Pros by Props (Props Tools and Cosmetics).  The class was done over the weekend (Saturday and Sunday) at their studio in Pioneer, Mandaluyong City.  I paid 4,500 pesos for the class and this was WAY cheaper than enrolling here at my base.  Ms Janine, our instructor was really patient and easy to understand. We were asked to bring our model for two days. I have not done any makeup yet for other people and the class was my chance to start getting comfortable doing makeup to others. Props also provided makeup buffet but we were also allowed to bring our own tools and makeup. We were five in the class. Props preferred to hold only a small number of enrollees per class which was a good thing for me. I believe most of the makeup schools require only a certain number of enrollees. Mas may focus at magiging mas hands on kapag mas kaunti ang students.

I asked my friend Jaymee to be my model on the first day of class. We made three looks on the first day - day makeup, bridal and evening makeup.  Let me show you a collage of what I've done on the first day:

Top (L-R): No makeup photo, Day makeup; Bottom (L-R) Bridal, Evening makeup


MY THOUGHTS ON MY FIRST DAY HIGH: I became more familiar with assessing different face shapes since our models have different face shapes. This would be very essential when you do contouring!

Assessing someone else's face was a point for me too! I had to groom Jaymee's eyebrows at the beginning. Honestly, I could not even do it to myself. I would go to the most convenient salon to do eyebrow threading.  But with the help of Ms. Janine, I have been taught what to touch and what not to touch.

Topic: TALUKAP NG MATA -  MAS MALIIT, MAS MAHIRAP PALITAWIN ANG EYESHADOW.  Common sa mga Asians na maliit lang ang talukap ng mata or most commonly known as monolid. The challenge here would be to make the colors pop out.

On the second day, I asked my friend Reese (who shares the same passion with me - Makeup!) to be my model. We also thought it would be like a free class for her since she's going to be present for the entire time.  The first look that we need to accomplish for the second day was the pin up and after that, we have to follow an inspiration that we previously searched and that was chosen by Ms. Janine.


(L-R): Pin up and our "makeup inspiration"

MY THOUGHTS ON THE SECOND DAY: Pin up makeup reminded me of my everyday work look - winged eyes and red lips. The only challenge for me here was the application of false eyelashes. I'm still practicing on how to do it easily.

The second look (our makeup inspiration) was more challenging for me because of the falsies (again) that I had to put on the bottom lash line. It took me I think an hour to finish the look.  I was really careful to on how I put the eyeliner too! Lesson learned and challenge to do at any day? Maglagay ng falsies! It was not easy but practice could help!


OVERALL, I enjoyed the class!! I enjoyed the challenges that came with it! For someone who had never did a makeup for others, the hands on experience was really important. The class gave me a PUSH to really pursue this industry.  Mastery takes time, practice and experience. Makeup trends could change from time to time, the best would be to just continue educating yourself even if you're already confident with your skills.





No comments:

Post a Comment