Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Literally One Day in India

I've been asked a few times if I've been to India and my answer was not just a simple YES but I did add that I was able to do a trip there for just a day.  So how did I made it possible?  I will tell you in this post so bear with me.  

I've been wanting to see the World Wonders and as we all know, The Taj Mahal is included on that list.  I've been living in Dubai for a few years already, but it was only last year that I was able to make the trip possible.  I, together with my friend just wanted to see the Taj Mahal, as simple as that.


DAY TOUR

As we plan our trip, we came across Nathu Ram of Aveda Tours.  The tour was less than 1000 AED per person if I remember it right and it includes even the airport transfers and our transportation for the day of the tour.  Nathu picked us up at New Delhi airport when we arrived around 3:30 AM (local time), took care of us for the entire duration of our Taj Mahal and Agra Fort trip and drove us back to New Delhi airport.  

We arrived quite early in the morning at Taj Mahal and was able to take plenty of photos with not much people around.  




TAJ MAHAL is located at Agra which is more or less three hours away from New Delhi airport. Taj is a mausoleum (made of Ivory-white marble) built to house the tomb of Mumtaz Mahal.  The mausoleum was commissioned by Shah Jahan.  Taj Mahal is a UNESCO World Heritage site and has been included in the Seven Wonders of the World in 2007.  

It is possible to go inside the site but you have to remove your shoes as you go in and walk around the marbled areas.  



TIPS for visiting Taj Mahal: Go early in the morning and do not bring huge bags as it will not be allowed.



Part of our day tour includes a visit to AGRA FORT (another UNESCO World Heritage site) which used to be the main residence of the emperors during the Mughal Dynasty until 1638.  


Our visit to the sites ended by noon, just in time for lunch before we head back to New Delhi.  


FLIGHTS

DXB-DEL
via Fly Dubai (left DXB at 22:15, arrived at around 2:30 local time in Delhi)

DEL- DXB
via Emirates (left DEL at 21:25, arrived at around midnight, DXB time)


*I've checked Fly Dubai's timing recently and I think they have a new one for the same flight that we took*


VISA

EVISA is required for Philippine Passport Holders.  You can secure it online and pay online as well. The visa will be then sent to the email that you will provide during the application and it costs around 200 AED.  



****
For those who've been wanting to see the Taj Mahal but has limited time, I hope my experience can tell you it's doable. We were very clear from the very beginning that we only wanted to see Taj Mahal.  A little research skills helped us to make our trip possible.  













No comments:

Post a Comment