Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Two Zero One Eight

Saying that 2018 flew by so fast may sound cliche but that’s how time really is - running without us even noticing how quick it went.  I cannot say that my 2018 had been very easy, it had ups and downs definitely and some part of it didn’t go the way I wanted it to be.  Despite all the not so good things that happened, it is always best to stay positive.  Good or bad, we should always believe that everything happens for a reason - maybe to teach us something, or to lead us to something greater. 

Last year, most of my closest friends here in the sandpit already left.  I knew it would happen because this place where I am currently based right now is just transient - we are and or maybe some were just here for a reason, or maybe to attain one of our goals. Distance for me is just a term (and will always be) to define the difference with the kilometers or miles between where I am and where my friends are. Distance is not something to be scared of.  “Communication has been a lot easier” - that is one of the good things that this Digital Age brought us. 

I am thankful for the gift of all the people who always stay beside me and who never stopped believing in me despite not getting “that thing” I always try to work hard for. 

I am thankful for all the places I’ve been may it be because of work or personal travels.  I am grateful to witness the Cherry Blossom in Japan as an example. I am beyond blessed to see such beautiful places I never knew I could ever see in person - Haltstatt is like a fairy tale.  Poland has been a very informative trip. Solo trips on some layovers had been great and exciting.  A great roster with a couple of extended layovers on my “reserve” month was a pleasure. 

I never forget to count every single blessing.  Looking back on some of the moments where I cannot even fake a smile, I realized how strong I can be. I thank God for giving me the signs to never give up and just keep going.

No comments:

Post a Comment